RED Logo Narrow v2.jpg

Residential Parking Permits 2012 - FAQ

Parking_PassWhat is the Residential Parking Program?

The Residential Parking Permit is intended to assist residents who live on a street where there is a time restriction.  Residents who live in the Exchange District have enjoyed the use of these permits for a few years now.

Has the program changed?

Yes and no.  It has not changed, but the Winnipeg Parking Authority is changing its interpretation.  The bottom line is that going forward, the permits will not be available to residents who live on a street where there are parking meters, which effectively eliminates the Exchange District

Can I get a new permit?

No, the Winnipeg Parking Authority has stopped issuing permits to residents of the Exchange District.

I have a permit.  Can I get a renewal?

Yes, a one time renewal will be available.  When the newly renewed passes expire in August 2013, there will be no further passes.

Who can I complain to?

If you want to complain about the loss of the permits, contact your city councilor, the Winnipeg Parking Authority and/or Centreventure.

© 2019, Residents of the Exchange
website by John Giavedoni 

photography by

Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management